Every spring I wait for the moment when the first strawberries can be found on the stands of the market so that I can start enjoying their flavor in the most irresistible combinations. I was having in mind a strawberry tart for a while now – fresh, full of flavor and color- and the moment I found the strawberries I was craving for I prepared it.
- 100g walnuts chopped
- 55g brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 128g all purpose flour
-1/2 ts salt
- Strawberry Curd -You may find the recipe here
- 400g fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 tbs honey
- Heat oven to 190°C
- Place walnuts with 2tbs of brown sugar in a food processor and process to powder. Add the remaining sugar and butter and process for few minutes more.
- Add flour and salt and process until the dough holds together
- Chill the dough for 20′ in the refrigerator
- Press the dough into the tart pan ( 35 x 11 cm loose bottom rectangular tart pan)
- Prick the dough all over with a fork
- Place a sheet of parchement on the dough and weigh it down with dried beans
- Bake it for 15′; remove the parchment and continue baking the crust until golden brown
- Cool completely before filling
- Spoon the strawberry curd into the tart shell and spread into an even layer with an offset spatula. Arrange strawberries over filling
- Place honey in a small bowl and heat in the microwave until melted ( cca 10”); use a pastry brush to brush the honey over strawberries
- Chill for about 2 hours before serving.
I played a bit with the dough and I also prepared few smaller tarts
You can also prepare them this way ( the entire dough is enough for 6 mini tarts)
Hugs and kisses