Fruit desserts are my favorite as they have that note of freshness and delicacy given by fruit which makes them special. During this time of the year I normally take advantage of fall richness and I bake a lot trying new recipes. I do not know how it happened but I have baked a lot with pears lately and I realised that pear and chocolate together rock!!! This combination is irresistible. And so was this pear cake. Soft and fluffy, with a delicate aroma of cinnamon – this was by far one of the fluffiest cake I’ve baked so far. Not to mention the flavor that invaded my kitchen ….
- 4 eggs
- 180g sugar
- 200g all purpose flour
- 50g cocoa
- 8g baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 50ml milk
- 125g butter
- 3 pears
- cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- Heat oven to 170° C
- Peel the pears and cut them into cubes ( not very small); toss the pear cubes with lemon juice to prevent them from changing color.
- Melt the butter.
- In a bowl sift together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs with sugar and add the flour mixture.
- Add the milk, the melted butter and pears and combine.
- Pour the batter in a greased cake tin (22cm).
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50′ (use the toothpick test to see to check the doneness).
- Let it cool in the tin slightly before releasing it, then place on a rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Note: it can be served with crème fraîche or whipped cream
Hugs and kisses!