From all the goodies that fall brings, I have a special relationship with pumpkins and I am so proud of it. Even if as a child there was nothing I hated more than the pumpkin pie, now, I started to know them better and to appreciate them a bit more. That is why I use them a lot for soups, sweets, side dishes or salads.
- 250g pumpkin
- 50g Feta Cheese
- pumpkin seeds
- fresh salad leaves
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1tbs honey
- 2tbs balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin in a single layer on trays. Brush with oil and turn to coat. Season with thyme, salt and pepper. Roast pumpkin, turning once, for 20 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat a small, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add pumpkin seed. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden
- Make honey and balsamic dressing: Combine honey, vinegar, oil,s alt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place salad leaves and pumpkinon a plate. Add the cheese
- Sprinkle with pine nuts. Drizzle with dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.