Winter comes with Cristhmas markets, roasted chestnuts, gingerbread, mulled wine with a scent of cinnamon and…with hot chocolate. And we know for sure winter came when during our walks around the city we look in every pastry shop for the flavored hot drink that will warm us up. We also know winter came when we tuck ourselves under the blankets on the sofa with a big cup of the magic drink to watch a movie or to read a book.
Whatever you choose to do, when you want to treat yourself with a cup of hot chocolate at home, just try it homemade. With a bit of patience and a splash of fantasy you’ll get the most delicious hot chocolate ever. This is my idea of hot chocolate this season – flavored with orange and cinnamon.
- 120g dark chocolate with orange
- 100g milk chocolate
- 500ml milk
- grated orange peel from one orange
- 1tbs cinnamon
- Melt the chocolate with half of the milk in a sauce pan stirring continuously until completely melted.
- Add the orange peel.
- Whisk in the remaining milk. Add the cinnamon.
- Use a whisk and mix the hot chocolate until it becomes creamy and smooth.
- Serve it warm.
Hugs and kisses!