I’ve spotted this recipe of dulce de leche brownies a while back in The sweet life in Paris (David Lebovitz) and was waiting for the right moment to make it.
Everybody loves chocolate and I guess we all ate various types of brownies but this one is by far the best I’ve ever eaten. Chocolate, toasted walnuts and dulce de leche take brownies toa whole new level. They are simply to die for.
- 115g soft butter
- 170g dark chocolate
- 25g unsweetened cocoa
- 3 large eggs
- 200g sugar
- 1ts vanilla extract
- 140g flour
- 100g toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 200g dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan, add the chocolate pieces and stir constantly over medium heat until completely melted. Remove pan from heat and add the cocoa. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one then stir in sugar, vanilla, flour and walnuts.
- Pour half of the batter in a greased pan (20x20cm)
- Add few spoons of dulce de leche, evenly spaced over the batter then swirl it slighlty with a knife
- Pour the remaining brownie batter over then drop spoonfuls of the remaininf dulce de leche. Swirl it again slighlty.
- Bake for 35-45′. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- The brownies are better the following day
Hugs and kisses!