It’s strawberries season and among the delicious things you can prepare with them I will give you the recipe of a strawberry curd which you may use with lots of disturbingly delicious sweets :)
- 500g strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 100g brown sugar
- 60g butter
- 2 eggs
- Put the strawberries with 2tbs of water in a saucepan, cover and bring to boil. Simmer for 5′ until become soft.
- Transfer the strawberries to a mesh sieve ( do not throw away the liquid) Place the sieve on top of a heatproof bowl and push the strawberries through the sieve. Mix the mashed strawberries with the strawberry liquid
- Place the bowl on top of a saucepan with simmering water on medium heat, add the sugar, beaten eggs and butter and stir with a wooden spoon until the butter melts. Keep stirring for 10′ until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer the curd in sterilized jars and seal.
- You may store it in the refrigerator up to 2 months.
Hugs and kisses!