A while ago we were talking about a winning pair when it comes to dessert – orange – chocolate – one of my favorites. But no matter how much I like an orange chocolate cake I could not resist to a dessert in which the strawberry meets chocolate. Normally strawberries are by default associated with cream but with chocolate they are divine. The taste is absolutely amazing. Think of a chocolate fondue and some fresh strawberries dipped in the creamy chocolate. Yum!!!
Well, today it is not about fondue but about the easiest tart I have ever made. Even if it takes only 15′ to prepare it, the result is fabulous: a beautiful tart with amazing colors and a taste that goes beyond every description. Delicate and full of flavor it will please the pickiest palates.
The crispy crust complements the creamy chocolate filling and the freshness of strawberries. To prepare it I used some of my favorite Italian cookies, pan di stelle. I do not eat lots of biscuits or cookies but this are simply delicious.
- 330 g Pan di stelle cookies crushed to crumbs
- 110 g melted butter
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 300 g fresh strawberries
- chopped almonds
- Mix cookies crumbs with the melted butter until evenly moistened. Press cookie mixture with your fingers into the bottom and the edges of a rectangular tart pan with the removable bottom (12 x 36 cm). Refrigerate while preparing the chocolate filling.
- Pour the cream in a sauce pan and place it over medium heat for few minutes to get hot (do not boil). Remove the pan from heat and pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let stand until chocolate has softened (cca 2'). Stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate filling over the cookie crust.
- Top with fresh strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight before serving. Sprinkle with chopped almonds
- The original recipe used oreo cookies. I guess you can use every other type of cocoa cookies.
With few ingredients in just few moments you will prepare a delicious tart that will get you straight into heaven from the first bite. The freshness of strawberries dipped in the creamy filling meets the crispy crust in a symphony of textures.
A decadent chocolaty dessert for real chocolate lovers.
Hugs from Milan,