I don’t know how the weather is on your side but here the latest days have been unbearable. It’s been so hot and we’re in the mood of doing nothing…lazy…waiting for the holidays…but in order to make these days lovelier we need something sweet….something cold….something like a big slice of cold strawberry cheesecake.
- 180g Digestive biscuits
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 75g butter
- 320g Philadelphia
- 200g sugar
- 200ml cream
- 4 eggs
- lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- 500g strawberries
- 200ml water
- 100g sugar
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- Heat oven to 160°
Mix biscuits crumbs with brown sugar and the butter at room temperature to obtain the crust
- Press it onto the bottom of a springform pan (24cm)
- Put the pan into fridge while you prepare the cheese
- Beat cream cheese with sugar at low speed. Blend in the cream .Add the vanilla seeds, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing at low speedafter each just until blended. Do not overbeat the batter. Overbeating incorporates too much air and will cause cracks to the cake.
- Pour over crust
- Bake for 55′. You can use a water bath while cooking to prevent from cracking.
- Let it cool down in the oven to avoid surprises Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing the rim
- Serve with strawberry topping
Wash and hull the strawberries, mash them with a vertical mixer; add water, sugar and cornstarch and blend. Pour the mixture in a saucepan over low heat and stir continuously until it get thicker. Set aside and let cool .
- Pour over the cold cheesecake and refrigerate. The colder the better.
- The topping gets the texture of a jelly when cold and adds a fresh flavor to the cheesecake,
It looks really great and the red of the strawberries makes it look “happy”
Normally it’s tastier when it’s almost finished and the last slice is the best ever
Enjoy your weekend and make it sweeter with a slice of this delicious strawberry cheesecake!