I was not a big fan of green beans in my childhood. Actually I was not a big fan of all the other green stuff. Maybe because most of the times they were cook in the same manner and I used to find them boring.
Things have changed now and as I have discovered other ways to cook them I started to like them. Yeah, green is fun and so is this colorful crunchy salad.
- 450g green beans
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbs of olive oil (evo)
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 50 hazelnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim and clean the beans.
- Toast the hazelnuts in a hot pan for 3′-4′
- Cook the green beans in salted boiling water for 5′ ( they do not have to change color).
- Refresh them in cold water and then put them in a bowl with iced water.
- Clean the carrots and slice them up into ribbons with a mandoline.
- Mix olive oil with balsamic vinegar, the minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drain the green beans and put them into a large bowl; add the carrot ribbons.
- Pour over the dressing and stir to combine thouroughly.
- Leave to stand for about 10′.
- Stir in the chopped hazelnuts and serve.
Kisses and hugs!