Vegetables have an important role in our diet and they are always present, prepared in a way or another (except frying). In my opinion a healthy diet is a balanced diet. It’s not like you have to eliminate some aliments while prefering others. It’s about balance, self-control and moderation. During summer fresh fruit and vegetables should take control over our alimentation bringing colour and freshness to our diet. And speaking of dishes full of colour today we have roasted baby carrots.
- a bunch of baby carrots
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2ts honey
- 2ts fresh thyme leaves
- Himalayan pink salt with herbs to taste
- black Tellicherry pepper to taste
- 1tbs light butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Remove the leaves of the carrots and wash them ( if they’re very dirty give them a good scrubbing)
- Combine oil with honey, salt, pepper and thyme leaves
- Toss the carrots with the oil mixture in a large bowl.
- Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet , sprinkle with salt and dot with butter
- Bake for 40′ until carrots gets brown and tender, stirring occasionally
Enjoy and don’t forget to treat yourself with something delicious today