September couldn’t pass without Dulce Românie especially whne Liana tempted us with three delicious ingredients. I found it difficult to chose but, considering my preferences I went for raisins: I simply adore them and I cannot get enough of them. And as I didnt’ want to prepare something sweet, I chose to make a dish of Middle Eastern inspiration that reminded me of Oman and my culinary adventures in Middle East: aromatic chicken with almonds, raisins and apricots.
- 300g chicken breast
- 3tbs olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 100ml white wine
- 1/2 ts of chilly flakes
- 1tbs ginger powder
- 1tbs cinnamon
- rainbow peppercorn to taste
- fleur de sel de Carmargue to taste
- 200ml chicken stock
- 150g dried apricots
- 3tbs raisins
- 25g almond flakes
- Mix the pepper with salt, ginger, cinnamon and chilly
- Wash the chicken breast and dry it with paper towel; dice the meat into small cubes and get it mixed with the seasoning mixture
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and cook the shallot for 3-4′ until softened; add the meat and stir; pour in the wine and let the alcohol evaporate; then pour in the warm chicken stock
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer fro 15′, stirring occasionally. Add the raisins and the halved apricots and cook for another 15′. Remove the lid, stir well and continue cooking for 10′ until the chicken is tender and the sauce slightly thickened.
- Serve it with rice or cous-cous flavoured with fresh lemon juice; add the almond flakes and sprinkle with fresh parsely or coriander
- A mix of contrasting flavors and tastes – sweet, spicy, sour- that complement each other and make this simply dish complex, delicate and inviting. A glass of white wine with slightly fruity notes is the ideal match for this dish.