September. It is autumn again. I think I’ve already told you that although I was born in winter, autumn is my favorite season, and September and October are by far the most beautiful months of the year. Full of fruit, color and flavor. Colorful leaves, gentle rays of fading sun, autumnal flavors. Flavored temptations that invites you to spend more time in the kitchen. I’m ready for pumpkins and mushrooms and all the fall richness that will invade my kitchen with their fragrance. I cannot wait
But until then let’s say “hello” to fall with a tart with pears, walnuts and gorgonzola, a tart with strong flavors that complement each other in a delightful show of color.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 120g cream cheese
- 100g gorgonzola
- 2 pears
- 2tbs butter
- 2ts honey
- 5 springs of thyme
- lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 100g walnuts
- Heat oven to 190°
- Unfold the pastry sheet and brush it with beaten egg. Fold the edge (cca 1cm) and brush it with egg. Prick the inside of the shell with a fork and cut with a knife through the folded edge to allow the pastry to puff up. Bake for 20′ until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool a bit. If the inside of the shell puffed up while baking press it down before pouring in the filling.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese with gorgonzola, thyme, salt and pepper. Whip the cheeses together.
- Toast the walnuts
- Slice the pears and drizzle them with lemon juice
- In a large pan melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the pears with honey and cook until golden on both sides.
- When the crust has cooled slightly, spread the whipped mixture over the bottom of the tart. Place the pear over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the nuts over the pears.
- Cut it on slices and enjoy the fall flavors
Hugs and kisses!