Here we are in 2015 – so a new year has come. I hope you all had a great holiday and celebrated with beautiful people and good food and I also hope you stepped into the New Year with the right foot, with great expectations and awesome dreams.
Normally every New Year comes with new hopes and plans for the year to come, the so called New Year’s Resolutions. It is an important moment though it is a bit funny to see everybody making promises that will never be kept till the end of the year. We all promise to be better, to eat less, to spend more time with family and kids, to lose weight, to achieve more in our careers but eventually we will fail in keeping most of our promises. But hey, it’s part of the game called life.
This year I did not take too much time for making promises. I know that all I want to do is to dedicate my time to my little one and this fills my heart with joy. And still, there are few things I would like to do this year – I would like to travel more since last year the pregnancy kept me home :), I would like to read more, to read more culinary literature, to enter deeper into the magical world of photography, to experience new tastes and recipes, to eat healthier and I would also like to keep you close.
Hey, it seems that I have some many things on my to do list and I am not sure how many of them would become achieved targets by the end of the year. So, New Year comes with new things for Disturbingly Delicious and I really hope I will manage to implement all the changes I have in mind and most important, to please you, my dear readers. That is why I would love to know what would you like to see more on my blog and what kind of recipes are you interested in. I know for sure that I would like us to interact a bit more. I cannot wait to hear your suggestions.
Till then I will try to keep one of my promises and start eating healthier. That is why I propose you a salad for a fresh start :)
- - 140g couscous
- - 200g boiling water
- - 1 big aubergine
- - 1/2 pomegranate seeds
- - 100g feta cheese
- - 1 bunch of parsley
- - 2 tbs light yogurt
- - lemon juice of 1/2 lemon
- - olive oil (qb)
- - salt
- - freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Rinse the aubergine and dice it. Put the cubes on a baking tray, sprinkle with olive oil and salt and roast them 20′ or until tender stirring occasionally.
- Prepare the couscous:tip the couscous into a large bowl, pour over the hot water, cover and leave for 10′ until the water is absorbed. Fluff the couscous up with a fork to separate grains.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes.
- Wash and chop the parsley.
- Prepare a dressing from 2 tablespoons of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Transfer the couscous in a larger bowl, add the roasted aubergine, the cheese, pomegranate seeds and parsley.
- Season with the yogurt dressing. Gently toss to combine and serve.
- 1. You can season the salad only with olive oil and lemon juice.
- 2. When preparing the couscous you may use chicken stock instead of water for a stronger flavor.
Hugs and kisses from Milan!