Among the other fall treats, figs are a must in DD kitchen during this time of the year. I think I have already told you about my weakness for figs, so delicate and full of flavor.I prefer them fresh. Small and delicate they hide a swetness and aroma that please even the pickiest palate.
- Gorgonzola dolce
- walnuts (quartered)
- rainbow peppercorn
- olive oil (evo)
- Heat oven to 180°
- Cut a cross shaped slit on the top of the figs
- Stuff each fig with a piece of Gorgonzola (cca a teaspoon) and top with a quarter of walnut
- Wrap them in speck
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the preheated oven for 10′
- - Instead of gorgonzola you can use goat cheese or any other mild blue cheese
- - Instead of speck you can use prosciutto crudo, bacon or pancetta
Hugs and kisses!