Today I didn’t have too much time to do everything I wanted to. We were out almost the entire day, had lunch downtown and in the evening I was too tired too cook dinner. And we were not even too hungry. However, knowing my chickens, I thought it wouldn’t be so bad to prepare a quick snack to appease our possible hunger. That’s why I chose these delicious muffins. And you know about my special relationship with my muffin tray. So, why wont’s use it again?!? Ha!
Anyway, on a serious note, I strongly recommend you these delicious muffins for a happy hour, a cold buffet or an appetizer.
- 160 g flour
- 170 g Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel de Camargue
- 35 ml olive oil
- 100 g Greek feta
- a handful of herbs (chives, fresh thyme, fresh basil)
- 6 pieces of dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (powdered yeast)
- Cherry tomatoes or datterini each muffin
- Preheat oven to 180 °.
- Wash herbs and chop them finely. Drain tomatoes from oil and cut them finely.
- Mix egg with yogurt, oil, herbs, dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Add flour and yeast (baking powder).Dice the feta and add it to he composition of muffins mixing well.
- Distribute mixture evenly in greased muffins forms (I used my silicone forms to make sure that muffins do not stick;)).
- Put a cherry tomato (or datterino) on top of each muffin.
- Bake in a hot oven and bake about 25 ‘.
Serve warm or cold.
..if there’s any left :)…
They are very easy to make and the result is awesome!
The sun dried tomatoes accentuates the feta cheese and the herbs give extra flavor.
Hugs from Milan,