The last days of June come with a new challenge and I chose to prepare a Roasted Red Capsicum Cream Soup due to my special relationship with roasted capsicum :).
- 4 red capsicums
- 2 carrots
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- 1tbs balsamic vinegar
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 170g Greek yogurt
- fresh basil
- Roast the capsicum, peel them off and eliminate the seeds
- Wash and cut the other vegetables – cut the tomatoes halfwise, the shallot in four, slice the celery and the carrots snd put them with a clove of garlic, the oil, balsamic vinegar and vine in a non stick tray; season with salt and pepper and put them in the oven for 30-40′ at 200°
- Put the roasted vegetables in a large saucepan, add the stock and bring to boil until the vegetables are soft; remove from heat
- Add the roasted capsicum and blend with a vertical mixer until smooth.
- Add the yogurt, the remaining clove of garlic, season with salt and pepper and continue blending until you get a creamy soup.
- Serve with croutons and basil ( warm or cold)