As the weather hasn’t been very friendly lately I decided to ignore it and to sweeten my days in the comfort of my kitchen in the company of Mr. Oven. And to make our day even more beautiful I decided to give it a hint of colour and swetness, with vanilla and chocolate flavor. This is how these cookies were born. Oh, sweet heaven, they’re so delicious and they really made my day! That is why I will share them with beautiful friends at Emily’s Tea Party. I suggest you to pass by and in case you cannot make it, just try them at home. Just DO it! It is a must
- 50g dark chocolate
- 170g butter
- 120g sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2ts apple vinegar
- 1/2ts vanilla extract
- 2tbs hibiscus syrup
- 280g flour
- 180g brown sugar
- 1ts baking powder
- 2tbs dark cocoa
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200g Philadelphia cheese
- 100g confectioners’ sugar
- 40g butter
- Preheat the oven to 190°; line 2 baking sheets with baking paper
- Melt the butter
- Melt the chocolate and whisk until smooth ( you can melt the chocolate in the microwave or on bain-marie)
- Whisk melted butter, sour cream, vanilla, vinegar and hibiscus syrup in a bowl until combined; I used hibiscus syrup instead of food coloring.
- In another bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking powder
- Beat eggs and sugar together until they turn pale and double in volume
- Add the butter mixture and whisk gently; and the flour mixture and stir in the melted chocolate.
- Scoop teaspoons of batter onto the baking sheet and bake 10 to 12′.
- Let the cookies cool completely
- Prepare the filling: beat Philly with butter and confectioners’s sugar until light and fluffy
- When the cookies are completely cold, spread the cream onto one cookie and top it with another one to make a sandwich; repeat with the remaining cookies and cream.
- Store the cookies in the refrigerator before serving
- They are sweet, soft and fluffy!
Have a great day and treat yourself with something delicious