I told you last days that I hadn’t prepared sweets lately. After a terrible fight with a cold last week I won and I decided I deserved some sort of a special treat as the winners are always getting a special treat, aren’t they?!?!
And what would be better than a super finger licking chocolate cake?
I was planning to bake a Mud Cake! But Ama‘s Secret Challenge organized this month by Diana @ Tara mea inventata gave me the opportunity to go through a new blog Delicioasa, where I found a lot of interesting recipes. My need of something sweet made me choose the Chocolate Cake recipe. It was exactly what I wanted: a cake with lots of chocolate, very creamy and soft, the perfect comfort food ever.
So, I put myself together, prepared my ingredients, heated the oven and started baking.
I barely modified the recipe with a hint of alcohol
- 240g unsalted butter
- 350g extra dark chocolate 80% cacao
- 300g brown sugar
- 4tbs water
- 5 eggs
- 50ml Baileys
- Preheat the oven to 170° C.
- Grease a round baking tin (removable bottom) with butter and dust it with cocoa. (22cm)
- Separate whites from yolks.
- Put the butter with chopped chocolate in a heat resistant dish.
- Put the sugar and the water in a sauce pan and heat over until you get a thick syrup.
- Pour the syrup over the chocolate and butter and mix well until chocolate melts.
- Add yolks one by one and mix well. Add the whiskey cream.
- Let the chocolate cream cool at room temperature.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt. When the chocolate cream cools off add the egg whites beaten mixing gently from bottom to top with a silicon spatula.
- Pour the cream into the baking dish and bake for cca 60′.
Let it cool completely and dust it with cocoa.
Serve with fruit, whipped cream or ice cream.