The last weeks have been busy, full of emotions and pleasant surprises. It’s so wonderful to wake up in the morning with your little child’s smile, seeing her big eyes full of joy. And every day is different – every day we discover something new and we learn to know each other better – such a lovely journey.
We do not have too much time but we always find some moments to spend in the kitchen preparing some treats for ourselves. And as Mr. DD loves lemon desserts, I decided to prepare for him a lemon cake that can be prepared even by the busiest persons in the world :) So, I prepared a Creamy Lemon Pie with my assistants : Mr. Felix and the future Little Foodie, comfortable seated on her swing :D. I could say that this was her first cooking lesson.
- 6 Digestive biscuits
- 2tbs light butter
- 1 can condensed milk (390g)
- 2 large eggs
- fresh lemon juice ( 1 lemon)
- lemon zest
Caramelized lemon slices:
- 1 lemon
- 1tbs butter
- 2tbs honey
- Heat the oven to 180°C
- Grind the biscuits in a food processor to obtain fine crumbs. Mix the crumbs with butter until completely moistened.
- Press crumbs evenly onto the bottom of a 20cm pie pan and place it in the fridge while preparing the lemon filling
- In a bowl mix the condensed milk with eggs until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest and stir well until incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared crust
- Bake for 15′-20′ and set aside to cool when ready
- Meanwhile slice the lemon, heat the butter into a pan over medium heat, add the lemon slices and honey and cook until caramelized.
- Put the slices on a baking paper and let them cool before adding them on top of the pie
- Serve chilled
Adapted from Weight Watchers , 5WW points/ serving
Hugs and kisses!