It’s been a while since my last post and I feel kind of guilty for that. It’s not like I’ve forgotten about you or I’ve lost interest in taking pictures and sharing with you my culinary experiments, but, let’s just say, time became my enemy and priorities have changed a little. I am full of hopes and dreams and I wish everything came back to normal soon, whatever normal means :).
During my absence I kept cooking (not as much as I used to) and I still have few recipes to share with you. Quick and easy, you know – just the way I like it ;)
One of these is the Chocolate Banana Bread that proved to be disturbingly delicious.
- 120g butter
- 100g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 125ml sour cream
- 1tbs vanilla extract
- 75g dark chocolate
- 250g flour
- 1ts of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- cherries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175° C
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar until soft and creamy; add the eggs and mix well
- Add the mashed bananas then the sour cream and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour over the melted chocolate and stir until blended
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; beat into banana mixture at low speed just until combined
- Spoon batter into greased pan and bake for 60′.
- I added some cherries on top of the batter before baking it
- Sprinkle some cocoa on the loaf before serving it
Hugs and kisses!